Disclaimer : This is unedited, kind of messy and boring. Enjoy!
1. Improving my handwriting : My handwriting has always been lit to be honest but this break, I did the impossible, I made my handwriting more beautiful. Okay seriously the thing is I kept writing and writing(cos I think better by writing) so I guess with all that ‘practice’ my writing just improved as well.
2. Not losing my dialect: So just before the whole covid situation I hadn’t been with my parents for more than about two months at most for a really long time. This was showing on my ability to speak our native language because they are literally the only ones I speak it with.
It wasn’t easy at first. I kept struggling to make complete sentences and when I failed I would eventually revert back to English. I could almost feel my dad face-palming internally when I did this. Luckily I made it and I may not be an expert but hopefully I’ll be able to pass it to my kids.
3.Upping my Semo and Amala game: yeah that’s right, I learned how to perfectly (okay maybe not perfectly) make Semo and Amala I actually hate these foods so this talent is kind of useless but at least my parents like it so maybe not a complete waste.
4.Became a podcast person : So I found a lot of new interests and one of them is listening to podcasts. Honestly I don’t listen to that many but so far my favorite is definitely No Stupid Questions by freakonomics radio.
5. Designed a bit, enjoyed it: This is kind of a long story, but the short version is somewhere along the way, I found canva and fell in love with making designs and I have a few good ones tbh.
6. Read more books : reading is without a doubt one of my biggest hobbies and I’m really glad I got to do more of it with all the spare time I had. I’m not sure but I think I’ve read at least 30 books this year(may not have finished all though 😉) .
7. UTTERLY : So I actually started this blog last year cos I wanted to write more and tell stories. Last year I had 2 followers now I have 40, I had about 36 views last year , this year I have close to 1000 from so many different beautiful countries. I’m really proud of this and glad it happened and I’m glad you reading this are a part of that.
So this was supposed to be longer and better written but I’m kind of sick and kind of have other things to do in a very short space of time. But anyways, these were the little things that made me happy and even proud in 2020.
Thanks for reading friends. Wishing you a happy new year ❤️